Bradford White is pleased to announce our new PDX1 Power Direct Vent models. Combined with our successful PDX2 series models, Bradford White now offers the most complete line of Power Direct Vent models in the industry.
These new water heaters were developed in response to customer requests and offer the following features:
- 40 and 50 gallon capacities with 40,000 BTU/hr inputs.
- Smaller diameter for tighter installation situations
- A more durable cast aluminum air intake boot design.
- Lower price points compared to the higher performance PDX2 models.
Power Direct Vent models are ideal for installations which lack sufficient air for combustion, such as new construction homes or additions which are tightly insulated. These models use a twin pipe system where combustion air is drawn from outside the building in one pipe, and combustion products are expelled to the outside in another pipe. An added advantage of the Power Direct Vent design is that they save on energy costs by using unconditioned air from outside the building instead of conditioned air (either heater or cooled) from inside the building.
PDX1 models use commonly available 2" or 3" PVC, ABS or CPVC pipe for air intake and exhaust, which can greatly reduce the overall installed cost compared to other systems which use more expensive vent materials. Also, an optional 2" Concentric Vent Kit, which requires only one penetration through the roof or wall, is available.
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified- Qualifies for the January 1st 2009 minimum ENERGY STAR® EF requirement.
- Electronic Gas Control- Offers precise temperature control, easy temperature adjustment and removal of control without draining the tank.
- Powerful Blower Motor- Significantly more quiet design that has greater resistance to outside winds and the power for many difficult venting situations.
- Optional 2" Concentric Vent Kit Termination- One penetration through a wall or roof is needed, instead of an intake pipe and exhaust pipe penetration.
If you have any questions please contact the Product Department at 1-800-523-2931.
|Model Number||Energy Factor||First Hour Delivery||2" Maximum Vent Lengths||3" Maximum Vent Lengths|
|PDX1-40S6FBN||0.62||72 gl.||35 ft. intake, 35 ft. exhaust||85 ft. intake, 85 ft. exhaust|
|PDX1-50S6FBN||0.62||88 gl.||35 ft. intake, 35 ft. exhaust||85 ft. intake, 85 ft. exhaust|