Bradford White COVID-19 Statement
UPDATED: March 31, 2020
Bradford White Corporation manufactures water heating and water storage equipment that is installed in homes and numerous commercial facilities such as hospitals, doctors’ offices, nursing homes, schools, military installations, and food processing plants. Hot water is vital for sanitization and hygienic purposes in these facilities, and water heaters and boilers are essential equipment critical to infrastructure and public health, particularly now, in the battle against COVID-19. Without a reliable hot water supply, medical facilities and food processing plants could not continue to operate.
The recent Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce: Ensuring Community and National Resilience in COVID-19, was issued by the Director of the U.S. CISA (The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency of the Department of Homeland Security). Under the section on HYGIENE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, the guidance acknowledges the essential need for, “Workers necessary for the installation, maintenance, distribution, and manufacturing of water and space heating equipment and its components.”
As we continue to operate as part of the essential critical infrastructure, all Bradford White Corporation locations have instituted numerous practices, based on national, state, provincial and local requirements, to ensure the safety and well-being of our workers and the communities in which we are privileged to operate. Some of these practices include:
- Adjustments to production personnel and staggered breaks and shifts to provide for more social distancing while still allowing for the continued production of our essential products.
- Implementation of work-from-home programs for those who can do so.
- Communication and reinforcement of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) hygiene recommendations.
- Issuance of personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks, shields, and gloves, to employees who are unable to be separated by more than six feet.
- Enhancement of cleaning procedures in all of our locations, including the sanitization of common areas such as bathrooms and breakrooms multiple times each shift and deep cleaning of our factories on a rotating basis.
- Requiring employees who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms to stay at home until further notice.
- Elimination of all non-essential travel.
- Prohibiting any unauthorized visitors at all Bradford White Corporation facilities.
Tens of thousands of water heating products are installed every day throughout North America with the majority being emergency replacements. Bradford White Corporation is a significant part of facilitating these emergency installations. By continuing to operate, we can provide the hot water equipment so many homes and business need to combat the spread of COVID-19.
We are very proud of the role our employees, suppliers, business partners, distributors and installers play in manufacturing, delivering and installing reliable water heating, space heating and water processing and storage equipment, especially now during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please contact your Bradford White Water Heaters, Laars Heating Systems or Niles Steel Tank representative for the current availability of our products in your area.