INSTRUCTIONS TO FLUSH THE WATER HEATER
- On a gas water heater, turn the gas valve to the off position. On an electric water heater, turn the electric off to the heater.
- Shut the cold water off to the water heater.
- Open a hot water faucet.
- Connect a hose to the drain valve on the heater and run to a drain.
- Open the drain valve and allow the tank to completely drain.
- Turn back on the cold water into the water heater.
- Allow the water to run through the water heater and out of the drain valve. Do this for approximately five (5) or ten (10) minutes.
- Close the drain valve and allow the tank to refill, keeping the hot water faucet open. When water comes out of the faucet, the tank is full.